Chapel Conversion, Crickhowell
Constructed in 1805 and lying within a conservation area, this former Methodist church has stood empty since the current owners purchased the building. Plans have been prepared to convert the church into a single house with bedrooms at ground floor and the main living space at first floor level to benefit from dramatic views across the valley. A new attic entertainment room will be created within the substantial roof void and a guest suite will be created in the adjacent school house. The proposals will incorporate very high levels of insulation along with renewable technologies in order to reduce heating and hot water costs.